- Join CTGA
- Rules & Regs
Central Texas Golf Association (CTGA) is a non-profit, member-supported organization open to all male and female amateur golfers. We welcome you to the best golf league with the best tournament schedule in the greater Austin, Texas area. Interested in learning more about CTGA and how to join? Just click on our Prospective CTGA Member page.
CTGA Tournament Guidelines
The CTGA Board of Directors is committed to providing a golf schedule and tournament environment that appeals to all its Members. The numbers of tournaments and the variety of courses and tournament formats have been scheduled based on inputs from Members and history of past participation.
To run our tournaments effectively, we ask for player cooperation as follows:
- That all Members and their invited Guests represent CTGA with the highest respect and dignity. Proper conduct at and on the course is important to us.
- Our goal at each tournament is for all players to enjoy golf, the group we're playing with, the golf course, and the tournament format.
- CTGA plays to USGA Rules of Golf. Any CTGA specific rule exceptions and/or course local Rules will be defined to all Members and invited Guests. It's the responsibility of all Members to know and apply CTGA Rules of Play at all tournaments and ensure that their invited Guests comply with same.
- The golf courses we play have differing dress codes. Some are liberal while others have defined dress requirements. To be consistent and avoid non-compliance of dress codes at any course, CTGA recommends that all Members dress consistent with upscale courses at all CTGA tournaments. CTGA also recommends that all players use soft spike shoes only.
- Slow Play affects all golfers. CTGA Pace of Play goal is designed to help minimize "Undue Slow Play," and all CTGA Members and their invited Guests are challenged to comply with this goal.
- All courses require leagues to commit to the number of players 5 to 10 days prior to the event. CTGA is committed to complying with these requirements and have "Signup Entry Deadlines" identified for each tournament.
Again, CTGA is a golf league that strives to make every tournament an exciting and fun event.
SEE YOU ON THE FIRST TEE……………
- CTGA welcomed New Members SCOTT KUNZ JOHN RAMZT and MARTIN ROBERTSON to our Lakecliff CC tournament.
- Again, our Pace of Play at Lakecliff CC on Thursday was excellent. Weather conditions were nothing short of perfect which I’m sure helped. Great pace Players…..let’s keep it up!!!!
- ANOTHER CONTINUING REMINDER: our 2017 Fall Classic, originally scheduled for the 1st weekend in October (Sept 30-Oct 1) has been moved to the weekend ofOctober 14-15. We have multiple members who seem to have a conflict with the Sept 30-Oct 1 date.
LAKECLIFF CC TOURNAMENT RESULTS
In addition to our Medal Play winners, Special KUDOS to the following…..
- Erik Rudi and Sean Nunez with Individual Low Gross Rounds of the Day – 75
- Rick Hall with Individual Low Net Round of the day… a sizzling 65
- Closest Par 3 winning shots of the day in each Trash Flight:
1st Trash Flight: Boman McCoury – 4; 6” on #3
2nd Trash Flight: Ken Pilcher – 3’ 8” on #14
- Boman McCoury and Sean Nunez for the only Deuces in the 1st Trash Flight.
- Ken Pilcher for the only Deuce in the 2nd Trash Flight.
Our tournament looks like a great day for golf on Thursday with scattered clouds and a mild breeze.
We still have room for more players at Lakecliff CC. If your schedule allows and you’d like to play, please let me know ASAP.
LAKECLIFF CC TOURNAMENT SPECIFICS
Make sure you know your…..
1. Assigned Starting Hole (to be assigned at course on Thursday)
2. Assigned Tees to Play
2. CTGA Conditions of Competition
All players should be at the course, signed in and ready to play no later than 7:30 as we’ll be going to our starting holes at 7:50.
Kevin Lowe, Scott Preece and Steve Barnes will be the Directors in charge of this event, assisted by Eddie Nunez. Please direct tournament day questions or concerns to them.
FORMAT: Medal Play
SHOTGUN START: 12:30
TRASH FLIGHT CARRYOVER: No Carryover in either Trash Flight this event.
TEES TO PLAY: Refer to Pairing Sheet
CLOSE TO PIN HOLES: 1st Trash Flight - #3 & #12; 2nd Trash Flight - #6 & #14
KODAK CHALLENGE HOLES: #5 and #11.
LAKECLIFF CC DRESS CODE: Their dress code is consistent with Country Club attire, so please dress accordingly. PLEASE….NO JEANS. They are a Soft Spike facility.
THURSAY WEATHER FORECAST: As mentioned above, it looks like a great day for CTGA golf. If the weather does turn bad, call Eddie Nunez at 512-797-0566 after 11:00 as we’ll be in touch with the course by then.
DIRECTIONS TO LAKECLIFF CC:
From South Austin at the “Y” at Hwy 290 W and Hwy 71 W…..
Go 29 miles to Paleface Ranch Rd S…..
Turn Right onto Paleface Ranch Rd S for 3.7 miles….
Turn Right onto Haynie Flat Rd for 1.9 miles….
Turn Left onto Cliff Pt for 1/8 mile….
Turn Right onto Gallery Dr for 0.3 miles….
Turn Right onto Kahola Sunset Dr.
Lakecliff CC address is: 1700 Kahola Sunset Dr, Spicewood, TX
- CTGA welcomed Special Guest Mark Huff to our Jimmy Clay tournament.
- First, I want to commend all players for the exceptional Pace of Play at Jimmy Clay on Sunday. Despite windy conditions, all players completed play within our 4:30 target time. Great pace…..
- A SPECIAL NOTICE: our 2017 Fall Classic, originally scheduled for the 1st weekend in October (Sept 30-Oct 1) has been moved to the weekend of October 14-15. We have multiple members who seem to have a conflict with the Sept 30-Oct 1 date.
- Our April 29 event at Jimmy Clay will not change. We realize it’s only a couple weeks after our April 9 event there, but we were not able to find an alternate course to make a change.
JIMMY CLAY TOURNAMENT RESULTS
In addition to our 4 Player Designated Hitter winners, Special KUDOS to the following…..
- Michael Whitley with Individual Low Gross Round of the Day – 70
- Moses Kim with Individual Low Net Round of the day… a sizzling 59
- Closest Par 3 winning shots of the day in each Trash Flight:
1st Trash Flight: Brad Kendrick – 4’ 9” on #2
2nd Trash Flight: Ryan Logue – 5’ 8” on #5
- James Battle and Bill Thomas for the only Deuces in the 1st Trash Flight.
- And finally, to Eddie Nunez for his Eagle 3 on #7.